Thursday, November 28, 2013

WE MADE IT!


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Our First 10 Days is over!
We did it.  We are awesome.

Things to today:
1. Weigh yourself
2. Measure yourself
3.  Write it down

Did it work?  A little?  Then let's do it again Monday!!  I'm ready, are you?

My pies are lined up, calling to me.  My turkey is in the oven, and I'm drooling just thinking about my mom's rolls.  The girls helped me cook this year, and I must say, it was super fun!  I'd like to think they will carry on  something about our Thanksgiving when they are married, but considering my penchant for new recipes and winging it, I feel bad for them if they even try.

Anyhoo, enjoy today, a cheat day since it's a holiday after all!  But I think I'm still going to practice a modicum of restraint.  Nothing is worse than stuffing yourself just for the sake of it.  Not.  Even. Worth. It.  Yuck.

Since we have begun establishing a new relationship with food as clean burning fuel, try to enjoy flavors and textures, and feeling slightly more full than our 1400 calorie days.  Just remember:  food will always be there.  There is nothing you are going to eat today that you can't have in the coming year.  You can make it any time you want if you really are craving it that badly.  Food will not disappear from the planet, requiring you to eat everything in sight until your family must roll you out of the house. (personal experience)  Still drink plenty of water through the day.

Try to get outside today, between rotating turkey, sides, and desserts through the oven.  Here's a clever little workout I found yesterday that looks like a fun mix-up.  The boys get to play basketball, so take 30 minutes and move your body!  Away from the kitchen.


Won't take long, and I guarantee it will make you feel great!

Check in tomorrow for some ideas to get you through the weekend.

Have an awesome holiday.  I am so thankful for all of you.  I'm thankful that you are supportive, and thank you for joining me in this journey to get fit.  I hope I'll see you all tonight, so we can all enjoy a piece of well-deserved pie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment