Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 1.1 - Let's Get After It!

Good morning!  I woke this morning with such a great attitude, and 37 minutes after my alarm went off!  Terrible.  This challenge is so much for me, I'm so glad you talked me into it!  Tess is gung-ho, and I really hope you got up at 6 am!  Do you want a wake-up call tomorrow?!  At 7?

Here's the quote of the week:

"I'm not losing weight, I'm getting rid of it.  I have no intention of ever finding it again"

This is not original, I stole it from a gym membership ad.  I love it.  So let's keep this in mind this first 10 days.  We are getting rid of old habits.  We are getting rid of some smidgen of ourselves and we will not welcome it back with a careless snuggle with a baked good.  No ma'am.

Tasks for today:
WEIGH yourself.  Undressed.  Same time every time you weigh.  Some weigh daily, some don't.  The conditions must be consistent to get true comparisons.
Measure your BODY FAT.  Some scales have it.  If you want to come borrow mine, you are welcome to make a private date with my scale in my bathroom.  Let me know so I can at least clean it first :)

MEASURE yourself.  With a sewing tape measure. Where?  Everywhere.  Chest, waist, hips (at widest part), thigh (again, widest part), calf and ankle if you are totally crazy, becuase you all have GREAT calves and ankles.  Just sayin'.  Again, make sure you measure the same place every time. Sliding your tape down your thigh does not count as inches lost.

As painful as it is, we need to acknowledge where we are today.  And we can't see improvement if you can't compare today with 10, 20, 30 days from now.  Even the tiniest improvement will be motivational.

Write this information down somewhere.  Myfitnesspal has a check-in tab where you can enter all this info, and in settings you can adjust the fields to say what you want to measure.  Don't lose this information.

Comment on how your day went.  Ask questions.

HAVE A HEALTHY DAY!!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be bold. My starting weight is 139.2, bf 28. I feel better already. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny Minnie!!! I'm loving all these posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I'm not posting my weight. Much too bold for me. But I will say my goal is to lose 15 pounds. Wish me luck. I will need it!!!

    ReplyDelete