Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 3.9: Almost there

Nearly done!  Not starting on Monday has really confused me, but I'll manage.

Check in on the challenges for this 10 Days:


  1. 1400 calories per day...most days
  2. No sugar - meh...
  3. 30 minutes daily...except yesterday.
  4. 3 veggies & 2 fruits...success!


I've been off to a slow start, I'll admit.  However, I did make rice crispy treats yesterday and only ate two and I still met my 1400 calorie limit.  Horray!

Do you have any suggestions on challenges for the next 10 days?  I've got some ideas stewing, and I think simplicity is going to be the key word here.  I've been told I'm a little intense, so I think I'll try to be a little less so.  No reason to make any of us feel like a failure, right?

A little note about meal spacing.  After going through the small children phase, when they ate frequently and I ate right along with them, I have morphed into a grazer.  Sometimes I think that this should allow me to perfectly integrate the "golden rule" of fat loss which is eating every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism revved all day.

Yesterday I was on the computer and doing business stuff all morning.  Then I left the house around 12 and didn't get home until 3.  Most mornings I usually don't usually eat after breakfast, and then I start grazing.  Every time I wander through the kitchen I eat something.  Yesterday I ate a bigger lunch, 500-600 calories at 1, and I was stuffed until dinnertime.  Not being home helped, but I really didn't feel a desire to snack after lunch, even after I got home and the kids came home from school.  This is a miracle.



So I'm wondering if three bigger meals is the best way for me to eat. You know, actually sitting down at the table and eating enough food to feel satisfied?  It makes me feel like a diet rebel, like I'm laughing in the face of all scientific research, like how could I possibly lose fat if I'm not eating every 2 hours.  Don't get me wrong: I like having more frequent excuses to put food in my mouth.  But this only helps me if I actually need it.  Not to defy all logic, but it is possible that something different might work for me.  Like maybe the way I ate all my whole growing up life.  Three squares a day, no snacks.  Like following a circadian rhythm for eating.  Do what comes naturally.  I have a gut feeling that the less I am required to think about what to eat, the less I'll think about it period.  Which is a good thing.

I'm willing to give three square meals a try.


1 comment:

  1. I have always had a hard time with the eat every two hours thing. I have tried for so long to only eat 3 meals a day. I don't graze through the pantry and I usually don't eat snacks with my kids but I do enjoy eating enough at lunch to feel full and not eat again until dinner. I'm a fan of 3 meals a day. It makes me feel stronger

    ReplyDelete