Sunday, December 1, 2013

2.1: Our Next 10 Days Start Monday December 2

Whew.  Am I glad that's over.  I had a really fabulous holiday with my family, cooking, playing, skiing, and going to a movie.  But me and my delicious Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake had to part ways.  Had to.  It was it or me, and knowing how my family feels about pumpkin in general, it was the cheesecake that got dumped.  Lucky for me.

We got to see "Frozen" Saturday...loved it!  Oh my, you really need to see it.  I'm not going to spoil it, but I am going to buy it.  Definitely.  It made me proud to be a strong woman, and to have strong girls.  Girls rule!

So the fridge got blitzed last night, all delicious holiday food covered in cream and cheese, masquerading as vegetables are gone and we are starting fresh.  I'm keeping all my lean turkey meat, and I've boiled the turkey carcass for some delicious turkey vegetable soup.  I feel so much better already!  I am going to weigh myself this morning, and most likely weep a little over the pound or two loss I erased with the help of my cheesecake, but I am looking forward to feeling a little better, tighter, and stronger over the next 10 days.  I relish the return to my predictable & scheduled life.

This 10-day cycle we are 
ditching the jiggle to maximize the jingle in our December!


Goals for our next 10 days:


  • Eat 1400 calories per day.
  • Drink 64 oz of water per day.
  • No added sugar.
  • Prioritize your workout.  Make it a scheduled time each day, and do not allow interruptions, even if you are at home.  
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes every day but Sunday.  Do not skip.
  • Super foods: Olive Oil & Greek Yogurt.  Greek yogurt (buy no-sugar-added) is packed with protein, a great recovery food, and vanilla flavor with added fruit is a great ice cream substitute.  Olive Oil has a multitude of healing properties and its monounsaturated fats could help you burn and store fat more efficiently. Sub it in for butter and drizzle it on your salads or cooked veggies, saute your meats and veggies in it.
Hints & Tips:
  • We are entering party season.  Look forward to family Christmas Parties by making them your cheat meal.  Enjoy them most by eating clean and working hard so they aren't tainted by negative feelings.
  • Drink water at parties.  Nothing racks up the empty calories like punch and soda.  Drink two cups of water before your meal, and even eat a cup of veggies at home before you go.
  • Don't buy Christmas candy.  Don't do it.  Leave it at the store or tightly packaged.  You can't cheat with something that isn't around.
  • Working out releases endorphins which regulate our moods and stress.  Holidays are stressful as much as they are enjoyable.  Skipping your workout is detrimental.  View it as a blocked time of day. This is increasingly important during the Christmas season.  Do it in the morning, when it's too cold to do much else.
  • Workout just before one of your meals or snacks.  An empty-ish tummy is a happier tummy when you are running or jumping around, and you can feed your muscles by eating post-workout.
Tasks:
  • Weigh & measure yourself.  Write it down.
  • Prepare your specific meal plan based on the guidelines below.




The 10 Day Meal Plan:

Breakfast: 300 calories
16 oz water
1 serving complex carb
1 serving protein
1 fruit

Morning Snack: 200 calories

Lunch: 300 calories
16 oz water
1 serving veggies
1 serving protein
1 grain (1 slice bread - whole wheat only!)

Snack: 200 calories

Dinner: 400 calories
16 oz water
1-2 servings veggies
1 serving protein
1 complex carb (brown rice, beans, quinoa, yams, wild rice)

Have things on hand like raw nuts, V8 juice, raw fruit like apples, and cut up veggies.  Having a snack plan of attack will keep you from mindless eating.

If you want to do a meal substitute with a protein shake, add spinach, kale, whole kiwi, pears, or apples, along with greek yogurt to add fiber, a veggie serving, and muscle-building dairy to your protein shake.

I will be posting some healthy food ideas, carbs to avoid, new exercises, and other motivation to keep us moving toward healthier happier selves.  

Let's get to it!




1 comment: